21 January 2013

I'd Like to Thank the Academy...

I INSPIRED SOMEONE.

Whoa.

Sorry, I had to get that out.

I don't even know how it happened. My girlfriend was talking to her friend at work and the girl has started trying to lose weight. My girlfriend has been giving her updates on my progress for months, and apparently the girl said today that I INSPIRED HER.

I. INSPIRED. HER.

Honestly, I feel like I'm just barely starting out. I'm still over 250 pounds and I have a long, long road ahead of me. I still don't work out, I'm struggling to maintain my daily "Healthy Habits" with Weight Watchers, and I have around 100 MORE pounds to lose.

But apparently my shedding 46 pounds has given my girlfriend's coworker some motivation. I've never even met this girl and she makes me want to hug her. It makes me feel good. And proud. I feel like I've done a good job...I mean, when I was over 300 pounds, being in the 250-range seemed damned near impossible. I'm grateful that I'm here. I need to take a little time to appreciate being at this weight, even if some people would kill themselves if they were this big. I guess it's all relative.

Even if I have a long way to go, I've come a long way too. I never thought I'd inspire someone to be HEALTHY. I mean, that's just not me. Or I guess it wasn't me.

Maybe I really am changing.

Anyway, this girl then commented on a Facebook photo that my girlfriend posted, and people started congratulating me. You know how much I love Facebook (NOT.). But this makes it "Facebook Official."

I'm officially losing a noticeable amount of weight.

And I'm officially an inspiration :)

I feel like I need to make myself a trophy...(Totally kidding, by the way...my ego is not that big. But my head is certainly getting bigger with these compliments! Hope that doesn't show up during weigh-in next week, ha!).

Really, though, her compliments have helped make me even more determined to continue what I'm doing. It's almost like I don't want to let her down, even though she's basically a stranger to me. Well, plus I don't want everyone on Facebook to look at the photo in six months and say "Yuck, she gained all of her weight back and more!" Stupid Facebook. Still, I feel like people are noticing and now I don't want to let them down.

More importantly, though, I don't want to let myself down this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment